Tuesday, November 4, 2008

October 2008


Week 4

I’ve been meaning to take some more pictures & post them but did I tell you that Nyah ran through a closed screen door with my camera in her hand… well you guessed it…one broken screen door & one broken camera!! She was unhurt (luckily!) also G managed to fix the screen door, which was good because we were in the temporary house at the time but no luck with the camera, think it dead-dead! Managed to get the pic’s off of the memory stick & now need to get a new camera! Boooooo! Been a bit of a week of accidents actually….Nyah fell & hit her face on an open drawer, made her nose bleed & it was horrible but luckily she had no black eyes & recovered quickly…then Harley decided to play I’m the king of the castle on the downstairs banister & yep you guessed it again…fell off!! One big bruise on her hip & a dented ego later…then I’m walking downstairs (to the basement/cinema room) picture the scene…girls are in bed after a long day & there’s wine, peanuts, choccie cheesecake & the big TV a-waiting for me! There is also waaaaay too many stairs in this house! G took one glass of wine down & I carried one glass of wine, two bowls of peanuts & two plates of the yummiest looking choccie cheesecake & yes I got to the first step & watched the choccie cheesecake roll down the stairs…landing of course on every single stair…oh & did I mention we had a light carpet all through this lovely new ‘rented’ house? No? Well all the carpet is nice & neutral & oh yes, LIGHT! I then managed to also to tip the bucket of water that I’d got to clean up the mess, all over the stairs…at least it gave me a head start on the cleaning! Did I eat the chocci cheesecake? Oh god yeah after all that of course I did! (**,)

So what have we been up to this week..we had our first home cooked roast dinner & G will probably kill me for sharing this but well I just had too! He of course as you may or may not know is the house chef here at Chez Blackler & a very good chef he is too…we’ve not been able to find meat that looks like …well, our meat! It all seems to be wrapped in plastic with some sort of mystery juice inside too & we haven’t found a butcher or fresh meat counter yet….anyway G got the chicken after lots of ummmmming & ahhhhhing at all the different ones… he complained a lot about the chicken….before, during & after cooking it! But the complaining reached fever pitch once the chicken was out of the oven & ready to be carved….”it’s a weird chicken” “this chicken is not right” “this chicken has got no breast” Oh good grief I thought what is the matter with him & the silly chicken…I go over to investigate the chicken….now I’m no chef but the chicken is UPSIDE DOWN…that’s why the poor bird has no breasts….she’s lying on them!!! The roast chicken dinner was yummy however & the breasts were very moist too!! (**,)

It’s also been Thanksgiving this week….which was well, a non event really (for us) it was a sunny day & I thought it might feel like Christmas but it didn’t! Some people had started to put lights up outside etc & our relocation lady told us that some people put their crimbo decs up the day after TG & voila overnight the stars & stripes that had been hanging from various flag poles had disappeared & been replaced by santa!! G asked some of the people he works with what they usually do for thanksgiving…eat, watch TV & then fall asleep on the sofa was the general consensus…bit like Christmas really…trust those yankees to have to do it twice!! It’s been nice for the girls to have a few days off school & for G to have a couple of days off work & to just ‘chillax’ bit!

This week I’m loving the neighbours who bought cookies over after we moved in!

This week I’m not loving not having any idea what TV programme is on what channel!

No comments:

Post a Comment