Monday, October 27, 2008

October 2008


Week 2

Phew what a week..feels like it’s been 10 not just one…in a good way though! Saying that it’s not all been good, I’ve got this horrid cough/cold & I’ll never hear the last of it if the girls & G get it too!

We had a quiet first full wkend it was nice to just laze about & not have to do anything in particular where we’d been so busy. We took Yoji to one of the ‘local parks’ remembering that you have to drive everywhere & she slobbered all over the nice clean interior of the hire car which of course we rented late at night after flying for god knows how many hours & by the time we chose the car we’d forgotten we even had a dog, hence her having to sit in the front foot well & slobbering all over it! I know I know but we can’t help it, car 1st dog 2nd!! We also visited a ‘local’ outlet mall which had 6 neighbourhoods inside & also an ice skating rink, roller skating rink, cinema, food court & various soft play places along the way for the kids & that was one of the small malls!!

Monday was a big day & I was very prepared in advance….i.e packed lunches made on Sunday night & up at 4.30 (up so early due to coughing I hasten to add not general preparedness!) it was G’s first day at work & the girls first day at school….they were so excited.. the girls that is G not so much! That made it much easier for me, not sure what I would have done if they’d of been hanging onto my leg begging me not to leave them…though if I don’t write for a while you know why! Where we’re in our temporary house at the mo & we’ve also only the one rental car, we drove & dropped G at work & then onto school, about a 50 min trip in total so going from literally a two minute walk to school it was a bit change for the girls but they did me proud & didn’t complain once…although might not be the case after a few days! I imagine the novelty of counting the yellow school buses on route (36 this morning) may wear off & not just for them!

This week I’m loving… my little laundry room, such a fab idea (you may not all agree though, but I’m loving it!)

This week I’m not loving… struggling to find normal baked beans, don’t want them with, bacon, brown sugar lumps, bits of sausage, honey, hickory smoked chips, marshmallows or big brown bears…just want bloody beans!!

The girls are really loving school, Nyah hasn’t said once (yet!) that she doesn’t want to go! They love wearing non – uniform & it’s not even taking them too long getting ready each day, they’ve both made some little friends & like their new teachers…obviously not as much as their old teachers but they’re happy & that makes us happy!

The dog is much more settled & more like her normal self, is eating for England or should that be America & sleeps all day, calm & normality have been restored!

It was a bit strange not having Fireworks here, missed them but not the lead up to it when fireworks are going off every night for a couple of weeks, why do people do that…like those people who set them off at 11.50 on New Years Eve, what’s that about!?

We’re still counting yellow school buses too!

It’s been another good week & the longest we’ve ever been away from the UK now. G has caught my cold but he’s only got a cold at the moment rather than ‘Man Flu’ which is good! (**,)

We’ve still got just the one rental car but we hope to be able to pick my long term car up this week which’ll be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment